Rabbenu Home

Rabbenu

A Discussion of Messianic Judaism, the Emerging Messianic Jewish Paradigm, and Related Leadership Issues from the Preoccupied Mind of Rabbi Stuart Dauermann, PhD.

All Contents ©2004-2007 Stuart Dauermann - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED


Friday, October 27, 2006

Explaining a Hiatus

To all my friends on the Rabbenu Blog,

In recent weeks, four factors contributed to my being absent from this site.

First, I was working on an overdue 14,000 word scholarly paper, now completed. Second, I was dealing with some depressing personal circumstances. Third, I have been traveling out of town.

Finally, I am by nature a self-revealing person, and too sensitive for my own good. There are some people who write to a blog like this feeling entitled to subject the writer to a constantly dripping Chinese water torture of criticism of one's thoughts, one's spirituality, one's right to address the issues addressed here. While attacks and polemics are part and parcel of sharing one's views on a blog, the constancy of the kind of bile I allude to here tends to rob the enterprise of its native joys. This made it easier for me to prolong my hiatus.

Now I am back. I was glad to hear from some of you who indicated I was missed. It's good to know.

Peace.

At 10/27/2006 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were missed, my friend. BTW, I totally affirm your right -- your responsibility, actually -- to moderate comments and refrain from responding to those you aptly describe as "water torture."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home